About our Programs
The People Music Virtual Academy (PMVA) takes a completely new yet time tested approach to developing great musicians. Born in the practice rooms of award-winning musicians from around the world, the program builds on a few basic truths. To get good, and stay good, an artist needs:
- Regular and consistent practice in key areas of their art and craft
- A good environment to develop in, which means being guided by, encouraged and supported by great mentors and like-minded peers, often!
- FUN! As much as possible, you have to enjoy your artistic journey even through the practicing, otherwise, sooner or later, you’ll put your instrument down.
With those factors in mind, our Academy is not your typical music school. Students who register for the program are held accountable to attend twice weekly practice sessions with their lead/instructor. Your instructor will hold “office hours” every week by appointment where you will have one-on-one access to your instructor (limited weekly availability). But most of the time is spent in practicing together, under the eye of your guide. The many benefits of our approach include:
- Regular accountability to work through meaningful exercises and activities under the eye of an instructor.
- Enough time spent practicing your instrument in the academy sessions to see visible improvement.
- No time wasted driving to and from any sessions.
- Establishing good practice habits
- Practice source materials
- Working in a group where you’ll meet like-minded friends, learn from one another, and experience how fun it is to work away at your craft in a group setting.
The idea is beautifully simple. Imagine you were able to be a fly on the wall in John Coltrane’s practice room when he was developing, and you could quietly listen, copy and practice along. What if you could sit in on an Ella Fitzgerald, Kamasi Washington or brad Mehldau practice session and hear what it was that they did every day to develop their skills. All these great artists have worked on all facets of their craft from rhythm, ear-training, technique and sound – all the necessary components to allow their unique creativity to develop. In that vein, our instructors will teach and walk with you through what it takes to improve upon and ultimately master your instrument, all in the comfort of our at home practice studio (or kitchen, or garage)! Let us be your discipline, your guides, and your community to develop in!
- Individual Growth: To consistently and reliably develop all musicians and artists in our Academy.
- Our curriculum and programs are developed with a singular intention in mind: An artist who attends and works hard during all of their sessions each month, will see improvement in their musicianship.
- Community: To bring musicians together in practice. We want to leverage the fun, accountability, and camaraderie of regularly practicing your instrument in a group setting, under the guidance of a leader/mentor.
- Artistic Growth: We strive to be at the forefront of artistic development. Our Music programs are designed accomplished, well traveled artists and educators. These artists have developed tried and tested programs that will take you to the next level as a musician and artist. Through these programs you get to develop along side other musicians in a supportive environment guided by your instructor.
People Who Love Our Place
Augue Velit Cursus Nunc, Quis Gravida Magna Mi A Libero.